Celebrate Innovation in LA
The Los Angeles Economic Development Center presents InnovateLA, a two week, countywide celebration of the breadth of innovation and creativity within our region. From cleantech to gaming, aerospace to digital media and beyond, Los Angeles is a leading global center for innovation and entrepreneurship and we’re showcasing and celebrating that with a series of events, lectures and talks all over LA. InnovateLA also celebrates the connections between culture, industry, and geographic diversity that define Los Angeles. From October 6, 2016, to October 23, 2016, attend any of the nearly 50 events throughout the LA county focusing on the use of education, culture, and both high and low technology to drive urban growth and support innovation-intensive industries.
Los Angeles provides a unique convergence of innovation, from the arts to aerospace, traditional and digital entertainment to transportation and trade. Over the course of three weeks, a variety of events hosted by businesses and organizations across Los Angeles will celebrate and highlight the talent and ingenuity found across Los Angeles County. Events encompass the breadth of innovation and include panels, showcases, demonstrations, workshops and mixers covering myriad topics.
- Vator Splash LA 2016: Splash is one of the best startup competitions and educational events for entrepreneurs who want to raise money and learn how to build a company. It’s also a place for new investors to learn about angel investing, and established ones to sharpen their game.
- GetGlobal 2016: Whether your business is beginning to explore options for overseas expansion or if it is already international but looking to improve performance or enter new foreign markets, you will not want to miss GetGlobal.
- Big Data at Dollar Shave Club: Data engineering has expanded in scope from conventional web-analytics and business intelligence to include real-time, big data and machine learning applications. This talk describes what we have been able to accomplish using Spark at Dollar Shave Club.
- Advanced Manufacturing Careers Panel: Edge Factor’s star and host, Jeremy Bout, will be hosting a panel discussion with representatives from a number of leading manufacturing and advanced technology companies in a range of industries (aerospace, biomedical devices, auto parts, etc.).
- High Five Art Launch Party: Meet artists and designers who participated in the 2016 High Five Art Contest. Explore the museum after-hours. Don’t miss California Continued, a new exhibition spanning two galleries; an outdoor ethnobotanical garden; and California Roadtrip, an immersive media experience.
- City of Long Beach Civic Innovation Summit: This day-long summit, sponsored by the City of Long Beach, is an opportunity for thought leaders, community members, planners, and professional staff to recognize outstanding efforts and cutting-edge innovation in the public sector.
For a full listing of events, click here.